Charcoal Pore Strips- mannings

I love pore strips like I love me my sheet masks. You put these strips onto a damp nose (not soaking wet, otherwise it takes ages to dry and goes gloopy) and sit for about 15-20 minutes (different brands will have their own specific instructions) till it all dries up and feels really stiff and funny. Then you gently peel it off and it removes pores and impurities that can otherwise be quite difficult to clean and keep at bay. You can see the pores and gunk on it once it's peeled off. So gross but ever so satisfying :) 

I wouldn't use these more than twice a week because I don't want my skin to be stripped of nutrients and get dry. Just enough to cleanse the stubborn pores that live there. Be careful when using these if you have sensitive skin!

As you can see from the box, these ones are from Mannings. This is a drugstore I know is literally everywhere in HongKong (I was sent these by my aunt who lives there). I don't suppose they're too expensive, maybe around £4? But you can buy pore strips here in the UK too I think.

These charcoal ones were a little scary because the actual pore strip is black...but I'm sure I've heard somewhere that charcoal has benefits...or something...don't Lush use charcoal-y elements in some of their products? I think I'l look into this.

A popular brand here is Biore which is available from Boots and Superdrug stores. 
Superdrug also have their own brand- have a look here. And a brand called T-Zone make them too, you can get them from Superdrug, click here
Remember not to get too crazy and over-use these! It won't be good for your skin. 
<3

Comments

Popular Posts